Amex cardholders can get 40% off an Amazon purchase.
- If you’re an American Express cardholder, you may be able to save money on your next Amazon purchase.
- By using at least one Membership Rewards point to pay for a qualifying Amazon order, eligible American Express cardholders can save 40%.
American Express and Amazon have teamed up for a money-saving deal. Eligible Amex cardholders can get 40% off an Amazon purchase, for a total savings of up to $50.
It will cost at least one Membership Rewards point. We will show you how to take advantage of this promotion.
Here’s what you need to know about the offer
These are the main details of this promotion:
- You must activate the offer.
- You must use your American Express credit card to pay for an Amazon order and use at least one American Express Membership Rewards point.
- Only items sold and shipped by Amazon.com qualify for the promotion.
- Credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- Shipping charges may apply.
- The maximum amount you can save is $50.
- This offer is not combinable with other promotions.
- Promotion ends May 1, 2022 or once 16,000 customers redeem offer, whichever comes first.
Remember, you must use Amex points for at least part of your purchase, which means you can use only one point. We recommend using only one point, because using Amex points for purchases on Amazon does not offer the best value. For more information on the value of your points, check out our guide to American Express Rewards points.
Note: Some offers are targeted, so not all American Express cardholders are eligible for this promotion. Some cardholders may be eligible but see different offer terms.
Follow these steps to save up to 40%
If you’re ready to save money on your next Amazon purchase, here’s what to do:
- Link your American Express card on Amazon by navigating to your payment methods and adding it if necessary.
- Enroll in “Shop with Points”. You should see this option after adding your Amex card. If you don’t, there is a section within the payment methods called “Shop with Points”.
- Find out if you’re eligible for this offer by visiting amazon.com/amexoffer.
- If you are eligible, click the “Activate Now” button.
- Fill your shopping cart with items sold and shipped by Amazon.com (and not digital products).
- At checkout, select your Amex card as your payment method. Be sure to also apply at least one American Express Membership Rewards point to your purchase.
- After confirming your order details and verifying that the discount has been applied, click the “Place Your Order” button.
Use rewards cards to earn rewards for your spending
Rewards credit cards give you a way to earn rewards for your spending. You may be able to redeem your points for travel, cash back, a statement credit, or gift cards. If you spend with credit cards but don’t get rewards, you’re missing out on valuable card benefits.
To see credit cards that earn rewards, check out our list of the best rewards credit cards. And if you’re considering an Amex card, here’s a list of the best American Express credit cards. Your spending habits, financial situation, and goals can help you determine which rewards card is right for you.
The best credit cards end interest until 2023
If you have credit card debt, transfer it to this top balance transfer card locks you in with a 0% introductory APR through 2023! In addition, you will not pay an annual fee. Those are just some of the reasons why our experts rate this card as the best option to help control your debt. Read the full review of The Ascent free and apply in just 2 minutes.